A Loser or a Winner

Author:Sham Saha
Dated:09 October 2007

It is not necessary to introduce myself at beginning of this story. It is not necessary to know whether I am telling the truth or misinterpreting otherwise. You could pause if you don’t like. I won’t mind.

I am not an avid net user, but there was a girl passionate of web net. Don’t ask me how I started chatting with her over net. The best part was that she belongs to the city where my root lives a lame life. I found the girl as under-age and at the same time she was crazy about web net, and above all chatting with strangers.

I was idiot, no wonder; I have never had a chance to talk to a girl so openly. I have been always reserved, shy and hesitate while talking to any girl. This time my motto was something else. I wanted that Girl to put on right track. I was scared that this girl could be trapped by some strangers, some cyber-bullies some day. I tried my luck to be triumphant in pulling the girl out of cursed web. I started advising her on each front of net using in positive manner. On parallel, I started to listen to her every words carefully – her daily dismal domestic stories. A disgruntled teenager was always annoyed with her surroundings. There were so many, you don’t need to know.

I did not really want that she would believe or follow my each word. I was stranger to her - totally unknown. I did not want her to be in any trap of false words and promises from a stranger. After a span of 9 Months an unpleasant truth was born. Actually, the Girl started liking me, which was near to crush or love with a stranger whom she had never met. Suddenly I found myself as a loser as I failed to pull the Girl out of her bad habits on net. At the same time, I found that the girl was in love with me, me a shy character – somehow I was able to win her heart. The cause might be my honesty, my humble and modest talks and lastly my handsome look on a snap on the chat box. Though I believe that such emotion does not mean anything in real sense.

What should I consider myself? A Loser or a Winner?
You decide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Almond Story

The Courier Boy

A Wish