Conversation Turns to Conversion

Author: Sham Saha
Dated: March 22, 2010

SHE: Hi

HE: Hi

SHE: So finally you have sometime for me.

HE: Don’t you think we talk quite frequently?

SHE: Yep and you are doing a great help to me by that, isn’t it? I’m so grateful to you dear!

He: What’s wrong? Anything happened?

SHE: Why do you think something has happened?

HE: I think you are not fine right now. Let’s talk later.

SHE: This is your habit of leaving when I talk to the point. All men are escapist.

HE: You want to talk to me or not?

SHE: If I say “No” I know you’d happily leave.

HE: What's the matter?

SHE: You know what? Sometimes I wonder why I am talking to you. I am forced to believe what my friends say about you to me.

HE: How come your friends talk about me? They don’t know me.

SHE: Do I know you? Atleast they have open eyes. And I live with closed eyes.

HE: Ok ok…May I know the real matter now?

SHE: Do you really CARE?

HE: What’s wrong? Why are you behaving this way?

SHE: Did I ask you some very difficult question? If you knew the answer you’d have told me or may be you don’t dare to tell that you don’t care. Because of you sometimes I feel that I don’t exist in this world.

HE: So am I the new entry in the list of all problems you usually face?

SHE: Yep...You have become my biggest problem now. Somewhere back of my mind, I feel I have weakened emotionally as I love someone who cares the least for me, someone to whom I mean a zero. Yet I fail to love anyone else despite the fact that there are many who actually want to care for me!

HE: Just stop. How come you know that I don’t care? Your friends said this?

SHE: My friends advise me. I was a fool by not listening to them.

HE: Why didn’t you listen to them?

SHE: You really wanted me to listen to them?

HE: what do you expect from me?

SHE: It’s not about expectations. I don’t expect from my family even. but at least CARE! Any human being would do that.

HE: I don’t understand your problem and I think you also don't understand it properly.

SHE: What are you made of man? I am saying you something and you already started stating your assumptions instead of thinking!

HE: Do I need to tell you that I love and care for you? I guess you have that little common sense to realise the fact!

SHE: I have many people around me who like me but I don’t ask them how much they care… You knw why? Because I don’t want to know. To me you mean more than anyone else but how much do I mean to you? My common sense has now failed after many attempts to “realise”.

HE: Hmm…

SHE: Ask yourself, Do you really think about me even once in a day? I hope it's not just sheer laziness.

HE: See, if you want to discontinue talking to me then you may please do so. That may make you happy. I think you have accumulated enough hatred for me. Now it’s all up to you!

SHE: What you just said, is a reflection of the present condition of our relationship. You don’t even try to look into a girl’s heart. You always avoid. I think the problem is with you. Your don’t want to talk to me properly. You never tried to understand me. You believed in your assumptions and ideas about me but never in me.

You are so stony. Your heart is made of stone!

HE: Yes. That's very true. My heart is made of stone.

But I wonder you have never realised that I have engraved your name on this stony surface of my heart so that it will never ever wipe out itself or otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wish

The Almond Story

The Other Side of a Suicide